Author of new book ‘The Gifted Learner: How to Help’ (Please click HERE for details), Fidelma Healy Eames, PhD, MSc., BEd., is delighted to offer a two session course to your Education Centre. Two and a half years in the making, her new book shares research and practice informed by nineteen case studies with gifted learners ranging from 10 years – 58 years of age. Healy Eames’ study draws on 57 interviews she conducted with students, parents and a ‘nominated’ teacher who they felt understood them to highlight how to identify, recognise, understand and support the gifted learner.
Intended Audience: Teachers, Parents, School Management
In webinar 1 participants will:
1. Explore what giftedness is and how to identify a gifted learner drawing on a specially-designed framework for teachers and parents use.
2. Identify fascinating differences between high achievers, gifted learners and creative thinkers.
3. Discuss typical challenges and misconceptions surrounding giftedness and how to address.
4. Discuss ways to understand and support the gifted learner, drawing on useful resources.
In webinar 2 participants will:
1. Identify the gifted under-achiever and ways to better understand and support them.
2. Identify and discuss the 'twice-exceptional' (2e) learner, a child with both a gift and a learning difficulty, how to better understand and support them.
3. Discuss typical challenges and misconceptions surrounding this unique cohort of learners and ways to address.
Time will be allowed for Questions in each webinar
Dr. Fidelma Healy Eames, PhD, MSc(Ed), BEd.,(Galway) has a long background in teaching, learning and teacher education. Her enduring interest is making learning easier and enabling young people to pursue fulfilling futures. Passionate about supporting teachers and enabling learners to develop the mindset and skills to take ownership for their own learning, she is Director and Lead Educator with Study & Careers.
In 2017, Fidelma completed a qualification in Psychometric Science with the British Psychological Society, equipping her as an accredited tester (Ability, Personality and Occupational) with follow-up courses completed in career coaching. Author to ‘Switching on for Learning: A Student Guide to Exam & Career Success’, this has become a core text for teachers, parents and students interested in independent learning and career guidance. In 2020 she developed an online ‘learning to learn’ programme used across second-level schools. Newly-revised for 2022 based on teacher and student feedback, it’s now available with free previews at https://studyandcareers.ie/switching-on-for-learning/
She is also delighted to announce her new book just published ‘The Gifted Learner: How to Help’ (2022). Please click HERE for details.
Please use link below to register:
|Course Start Date / Time||07-02-2023 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||07-02-2023 8:15 pm|
Milehouse Road, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
Tel: (053) 92 39100