COURSE FULL - ILSA – Special Educational Needs – A Toolkit (18WX602)
ILSA – Special Educational Needs – A Toolkit (18WX602)
This course will look at challenges facing learning support/resource and class teachers working with pupils with a variety of special educational needs. Suggestions, ideas and solutions to the challenges will be explored and discussed during the course. Participants will be enabled to:
- become informed about the variety of diagnostic tests available and how to interpret them to identify specific targets for children.
- acquire knowledge on how to implement a successful staged approach for SEN children as outlined in the Continuum of Support.
- meaningfully link assessments from psychologists to the design and implementation of educational plans for pupils with SEN.
- acquire additional knowledge around the identification and support of children with dyslexia.
- use the School Self Evaluation process, be familiar with key components, engage with evaluation criteria and use these to reflect on their current practice.
- design, plan, execute and evaluate effective strategies for in-class support.
- become aware of strategies to help children with fine/gross motor needs and speech and language needs.
- link reports from OTs and SLTs to the development of individual IEPs.
- become familiar with and develop confidence to implement the use a range of ICT with children with SEN.
Venue: Co. Wexford Education Centre, Milehouse Road, Enniscorthy
Time: 9.30am – 2pm
Tutors: Various Fee: €50.00
|Course date:||02-07-2018 9:30 am|
|Course End Date:||06-07-2018 2:00 pm|
|Cut off date||20-06-2018|